Monday, July 28, 2008

Rain



I Love the rain. I love to sit on porch with a warm cup of coffee (or coff-a-cuppe) and listen to the rain, maybe a good book perched on my lap. The rain is also a good excuse to go shopping, although those who know me best know I don't need and excuse to shop! The rain means taking in a good movie or cooking a good hearty meal. By far my favorite thing to do in the rain is run around in it like a raving lunatic. There is something so innocent and fun- maybe even magical about running around in the rain. Most of my best memories take place on rainy days. Ask my son and he will tell you one of his favorite memories in his 7 years is getting caught in a rain storm walking the dog with mom- we laughed hysterically all the way home, shoes squishing and all. So its no wonder with the recent summer rain storms he and I run out there- daring one another to sprint out in the pouring rain to the tree and back- now that's a memory you cant buy. The neighbors must think we are crazy.

No comments: