Friday, May 29, 2009

funny, "had to be there" moment


I LOVE those "had to be there moments". You know, the ones where the joke really is only funny to you and the others there at that moment. The ones where two years from now you can just look at that person involved and say remember that time... and then just erupt in spontaneous laughter. I seem to be having a lot of those moments with my son lately, possibly because he like me can find the silliness in random things, (or maybe I have the humor of a second grader?). Anyhow today we had one of those random belly laughs.
Getting home after work and school, my son snacking on gold fish asked if he could walk across our busy street with me to get the mail. looking hopeful for me to say yes, I decided to let him. (We live on a busy road and I usually don't let him cross with me). On return from the mailbox in a puddle (3 days of rain leaves many puddles), we spied goldfish crackers that my son had dropped. It was kind of surreal, and at the exact moment we both looked at each other and exploded in laughter, which grew louder when my son said "I guess I set the fish free and returned them to nature". It was funny, guess you "had to be there".

1 comment:

Mindy said...

LOL
it's an privilege and honor to have the humor of a second grader!
the foto tells it all!