Friday, January 1, 2010

So far so good.....




Last night my husband wimped out and decided he was to tired to ring in the new year so off to bed he went. My son and I being the brave, fearless adventurers we are vowed to stay up and help "Ryan Seacrest" ring in the new year. Snacks in hand all cozy we took our places..... Then somewhere around 2am my son wakes me up and says "Mom wake up, we missed it", both of us had fallen asleep before the clock struck midnight... Oh well got to give us credit for trying!
We currently are in the midst of a three day snow storm (the jury is still out on the severity). This morning we surprised our son and took him snowboarding. I was certain before the trip was over we would end up in the emergency room with someone breaking something. I had to close my eyes as my son descended down the hill for his first run, It was only once my husband started jumping up and down cheering that I learned he had amazingly made it to the bottom of the hill without a single fall. Yay!! I started watching, each trip down he got braver taking on the jumps off to the side! He made it look so easy my husband decided to give it a try. Taking his place at the top of the hill snowboard locked on his feet, my husband slowly started down the hill, his knees buckled and his arms began flapping like some crazy bird, then smash... Down he went on his derriere. No harm, no injuries except maybe his pride. He made his way back up the hill then watched as my son "showed him how its done". Poor hubby... thanks for the laugh. 2010, So far so good!

No comments: