Monday, July 5, 2010




I'm here, just been busy! So much to do and so much going on this summer. I suppose being busy is a blessing. We unfortunately will not be traveling far this summer related to appointments and commitments that have to keep us close to home. That being said, it has been great finding adventure in our own back yard. This weekend, totally unplanned, my husband and I both ended up with the same day off. We vowed not to spend our day surrendering to home improvements or running around doing errands getting nowhere fast. It was to be just a day for our small little family of three. We debated all week what to do. We are in the midst of a heat wave so whatever it was would have to be cool. The obvious choice was the beach, but this morning we woke up and decided that's where everyone would be! We tossed around a few ideas not finding any that stick, then my husband through out "how about lobstering". I thought he was crazy dreaming and my response was a sarcastic "yes, lets get on our imaginary boat and go Lobstering". Trust me he said and he was off to the computer with phone in hand. A few calls later and he was hollering "pack up and get ready we're going lobstering". So a day trip it was, we piled into "big red" (that's my husbands truck) and off we went to beautiful Boothbay Harbor Maine. We boarded the lobster boat "the sea swallow" and went out as they pulled in their catch, participating and learning a little about the lobster business.

No comments: