Sunday, July 10, 2011

delicious vacation


We just got back from a fabulous vacation! Sun and fun! my entire family got up on water skis including myself and my 10 year old, talk about confidence booster! I hate that first 24/48 hours after vacation when the memories are fresh and echo loudly. It is tough to fight the urge to turn around and go back, the real world and daily routines flying fast at you to quick to duck and cover. Coming off a vacation high, we walk around the house like drones dreading tomorrow when the daily grind returns. I have to try to remind myself that did I not have the daily grind, then the vacation would not have meant as much. In trying to explain it to my son who didn't understand why the great week couldn't continue, he summed up my explanation simply, "its kind of like having ice cream all the time, you eat to much and you don't want it any more, but you have it once in a while an its delicious." So I salute my "delicious", wonderful vacation, may the sweet and scrumptious memories carry us to the next serving.

No comments: