Thursday, October 22, 2009

TRICK or treat?


This is totally random but I don't really have much to say this week so here goes...I am a shameful mother, I love to play practical jokes and make things fun even if it means sometimes scarring the pants of my kid. This week I was sitting on the floor of our living room trying to finish up some last minute work on my work laptop, I always have my cell phone nearby, as I was still on call for work. While I was sitting the new pup came along and sat beside me sitting comfortably on my phone. My son walked into the room and I don't know what possessed me but I said "oh dear I think the puppy ate my phone". The thought of this is quite believable because new puppy will chew or eat anything not secured high above her reach. My son panicked, and quickly started dialing my cell phone from the home phone. Then from beneath the puppy just under her belly the phone started to ring sounding to an eight year old like it was in her Belly. My kid stood in disbelief, then ran for the phonebook yelling we need to call the vet now. At that moment I could not have planned it any better the dog stretched and belched. I quickly removed the phone and hollered to my kid never mind she coughed it back up. yes its shameful of me, yes its disgusting behavior you might expect of an adolescence, but boy was it funny. Of course I did set the record straight later so he would not be telling tall tales at school.

No comments: