Saturday, April 10, 2010

chicks



We live in an old farmhouse that has been a labor of love. What our little farmhouse has been lacking though is the creatures that make it a farm. Well I am happy to say that this week we took a small step and got some baby chickens. I am so excited! I know nothing about raising chickens, so my nose has been buried in books learning all that I can. Right now the little peepers are in the house keeping warm, I love wakeing up to their little "peep,peeps"! Soon as they are strong and big enough we will move them outside. My husband and son are getting in some father son bonding over building the coup and you cant argue with that! I do think they have had about enough of me though, all week I have been going around the house sing "green acres" or yelling "I don't know nothing about raising chickens" (basically mocking the line from Gone with the wind "I don't know nothing about birthing no babies" ). Oh well, stay tuned for updates in our adventures in raising chickens!

No comments: