Tuesday, July 14, 2009

benifit to driving


I was not overly excited about driving over 600miles(600 miles each way)for vacation, but I was unable to find any last minute flight deals. My husband was thrilled about taking his baby BIG RED (his super big, red truck, not to be confused with my fathers longtime fishing pole also named big red). Traffic over the holiday week was gridlock, and I swore I would never drive To Maryland again, that is until I unloaded our little souvenir and discovered that traveling with a big truck does have its benefits......... During our week long stay, it only rained once and even then only a few hours, but a good time and excuse to take our activities indoors and go antiquing. That's when I found my new (OK, really its old but new to me) whitewashed corner cupboard. Something I had wanted for a longtime, had considered building one, but to many other projects at the top of the list, and here it was in front of me for pennies. I would not be able to even buy the lumber to build one for what this was going for. It was a perfect fit in the back of BIG RED, and now it is a perfect fit in my dining room. And as I grumbled about the traffic my husband was quick to remind me that had we flown we would not have been able to buy my big souvenir/corner cupboard.

No comments: