Friday, July 17, 2009

Fearless


It makes my knees weak and my stomach churn every time my kid takes on a new "adventure". For instance the day he hollered to me from outside, I went racing out thinking the worse only to find he was hollering for me to see he had climbed to the Tip Top of the tree.
On vacation last week we went to Bush Gardens. I took comfort in the fact that I was sure he would be to short to ride some of the crazy coasters, no such luck, the kid grew over winter and was able to get on two of the four coasters one of which went upside down, and loop de loop. It was without a doubt five of the longest minutes of my life, I could barely breath with thoughts of being the 1100 o'clock news story about amusement park disaster. yeah a bit morbid, but I'm one of those mothers who worries a bit much, much to my relief he survived coming out the exit hollering "That was Awesome, I wanna do it again", (Ugh....).
Later in the week the boys went tubing. This year my son decided he didn't want dad to go with him and he went alone. Again my heart went in my throat and stomach quaked every time he gave the thumbs up indicating he wanted my brother-in-law to "go faster". I have decided that if he is this adventurous at 8 years old, I am doomed, as he gets older I am told it only gets worse.

No comments: