Sunday, October 24, 2010

blue eyed kitten


So as I mentioned before we had a stray cat have kittens in my wood shed. It is so fun to watch them! We plan on trying to tame them and find them good homes, but as of yet they have been hard to catch as they are to afraid and wild. Last weekend we rented a have a heart trap and were able to catch one of the kittens, only to later let her back out with momma as they evidently are younger then we originally though and are still nursing. The one kitten we caught was a beautiful little kitten but sadly I believe she is blind in one eye, she has a one big blue eye with no pupil. She is playful and does not seem effected or bothered by it, although to look at it, it first appears a little disturbing. It was a good conversation to have with my son about why we are sometimes born different or with birth defects. He has fallen in love with little unique beauty and I am not sure how we are ever going to give her up. My goal was to not name them thus not getting attached but we have found ourselves affectionately calling her "gum drop", I guess because she is sweet like a little gum drop:)

1 comment:

Esme said...

You will suddenly find yourself to become a cat person-our first kitty came as a stray and well we fell in love.