Sunday, June 1, 2008

just a post

I don't have any pictures today, just not snapping any pictures lately. Its been a long week. I celebrated my 11 year wedding anniversary last weekend. To be honest I didn't give it much thought- "just another day". We ended up going out last minute and had a good time. It wasn't until today, almost a week later that it hit me... My husband was out mowing the lawn, I had just got home from seeing "sex in the city" with my sister (good movie), hubby was out mowing the lawn and I noticed his hair was thinning and there is an area graying (he will deny it- he usually pulls them so no-one sees), I sat on my porch and watched him and admired this man showing signs of age and it hit me that so was I- we were- we had already lived a decade of "grow old with me". I have to admit for a brief second I lost my breath. Its not easy staying married, I can testify first hand to many a stupid arguments, but also many good times. We bicker a lot-but that's us. My husband caught me watching him and realizing I was home stopped the mower he asked how the movie was, I told him good, but then confessed that on the way home I got pulled over for speeding. He laughed at the speeding part as his nickname for me is meme' as I am most noted for driving to slow, then he said "at least the movie was good." I hugged him, and said "happy anniversary", he said "I love you" and then proceeded to finish mowing the lawn. Just an ordinary moment, an ordinary event in our "happy ever after".

No comments: