Monday, June 9, 2008

Pirate mania


so my son is not happy with me. He saw the picture of his dad dressed as a pirate and doesn't understand why all the pictures of him on my blog are "lame, and there are none of him as a pirate." So I post this picture to make him happy. In our house we have a bit of pirate mania. my son is convinced that there is buried treasure in our back yard and walks around with a plastic beach shovel and pail looking for it. We live in an old house and have been working at remodeling it for over a decade now, and while we remodel we keep building all kinds of hidden spaces into the house. In one such space we tucked away a stack of $2 dollar bills my husband had since he was young, and on the wall in another section of the house we drew a map showing treasure buried outside beneath one of our trees (we plan to bury something fun there ? a jar full of pennies) and there other little secrets we have built in. Its fun to think that when we are long gone and someone else lives in our house.......... I guess we have read treasure island or watched goonies and national treasure one to many times.

No comments: